Wednesday, July 15, 2015

A New Outlook

a close headshot of liz facing the camera directly; she is in front of a bookcase wearing an orange shirt; she smiles with the light coming from her left

It is imperative that I gain strength both physically, emotionally, and mentally. I'm coming up on my second year of PhD work in Disability Studies, and I'm also facing a major life change. As challenges come my way, I will find support in my queer and Asian American community, healthy eating, exercising, writing, photography, and reflection. I am to return back to meditation practice, workout at least four times a week, and continue to be mindful of what I eat. I will say "yes" more to my friends' invite and "no" more to the unneeded clutter in my life. It begins today - and, I welcome the challenge and opportunity.

No comments: