Tuesday, January 5, 2016

There's always more

the word more is in white letters on a black background and written three times and stacked on top of each other

I didn't think we could be
more further apart
but we are

the small things
not saying "good night"
to each other

I used to pull
the light cord
and, you'd come and hear it

now, the metal chain
is yanked down
I turn on my side to sleep

I've always slept
on my right side
I didn't mean to sleep
away from you

I've slept on the left side
of the bed
and I've still faced outward

sometimes I've been afraid
that you're going to
accidentally hit me in the night
you don't sleep as calmly as

I do

I can't sleep
on my stomach like
you do

you still invite me to eat
your cooking
but I'm not
eating meat so much

so that isn't shared
anymore

we can still be
in the same bed
but be worlds apart

people can be worlds apart
and still feel like
they're facing each other

that's love

No comments: