Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Breakfast light, well, kind of

image of a black plate with crumbs from a waffle; a silver fork and knife rest diagonally on the plate; table is dark brown with placemats with a white/black/gray design


I love the morning light that comes in the dining room in the apartment.
Well, I should rephrase, it's more like the early afternoon light
About 1 or 2 p.m.
It's light enough but still with enough contrast to have shadows.

Today, I had my camera out and decided to take a few pictures of the things around me.
The photo above was my finished breakfast plate - cinnamon waffles, crumbs, fork, and knife.
It's from my vantage point of where I usually sit at the table.
Near the heater.
By the window.
The kitchen light behind me.
The standing light to the back right.

This is the place where I studied most of the time.
When I didn't want to be standing at my desk.

green ivy outlines the window frame sweeping from the upper left downward and across the bottom of the picture frame; the outside courtyard is blurred


This photo of the ivy is what I see to my left. I played with the f-stop to get what I wanted. Still to see outside, and not have the background be blown out white from the strong light. The ivy now looks such like a rich and dark green.

I usually don't do a lot of still life photography. To me, I miss the people in the photo. The human part. However, I'm coming to understand that the still life images do still have the people and human aspect. There are still traces of the people who live here - myself and my current spouse.





No comments: