Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Big Waves

image of medium sized waves hitting a beach; sunny day and clear water


The waves today were usually big and thunderous today. I had never seen them so large and break on the beach. I don't know much about tides, etc. But something was definitely different today. For the first time this summer, I found myself neck high in the lake. The cool water was refreshing as it's lately been sunny, hot and humid.

As the waves rolled in, I found myself jumping the waves, like I used to when I was little and my family would go to Florida. I realize I like the lake water more than the ocean. There's something claiming that Lake Michigan is bounded by land, plus - no worry about sharks.

Then, as I laid on the beach, I could still hear the waves hit against the sand. It was calming and consistent.

No comments: